The importance of having a digital marketing strategy has been elevated as of 2020. With everything now fully digital, businesses need to rely on the web for sales rather than from brick-and-mortar locations. So what are some useful tips when it comes to digital marketing in 2021? This guide will answer just that question.
In 2021, SEO is still an important factor to consider. As per Forbes, The reality is that SEO still matters in 2020, though many of the practices and methods have changed. For example, Google’s 2019 BERT update lit a fire under SEO professionals to focus more on optimizing content based on search intent rather than keywords. Many businesses still need SEO, but they’ll need to adapt to the shifting landscape.
2. Personalized Content
Personalized content has become king. According to some statistics:
- 63% of consumers are highly annoyed with generic advertising blasts
- 80% say they are more likely to do business with a company if it offers personalized experiences
- 90% claim they find personalization appealing
This is why it is important to focus on personalized content. A great case study of personalized content is Starbucks. As per Single Grain, Starbucks uses a gamified mobile app that draws on data like purchase history and location to get as personal as possible, allows customers to customize their drinks, and encourages further use with its rewards system – which skyrocketed their revenue to $2.56 billion:
3. AI Chatbots
AI Chatbots will become an immutable feature of digital marketing going forward. AI Chatbots are the easiest way to relay information to customers and answer questions, as no human is needed to complete the task.
According to some statistics:
- Chatbots will power 85% of customer service by 2020
- Top benefits of chatbots are 24-hour service (64%), instant responses to inquiries (55%), and answers to simple questions (55%)
- 63% of respondents prefer messaging an online chatbot to communicate with a business or brand
- By 2022, chatbots will help businesses save over $8 billion per annum
- 80% of businesses want chatbots by 2020:
4. Video Marketing
With the boom in popularity of short-form video, promulgated by TikTok, video marketing is here to stay in 2021. Because of TikTok’s wild success, apps like Instagram introduced Video Reels, and Twitter recently introduced Fleets.
According to the research:
- 70% of consumers say that they have shared a brand’s video
- 72% of businesses say that video has improved their conversion rate
- 52% of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in online purchase decisions
- 65% of executives visit the marketer’s website and 39% call a vendor after viewing a video
5. Artificial Intelligence
According to Gartner, enterprise use of AI grew by 270% over the past 4 years. With covid causing rapid digitalization of all industries, AI is only just beginning to appear everywhere. Reasons why your business might want to consider adopting AI include the fact that “AI can analyze consumer behavior and search patterns, and use data from social media platforms and blog posts to help businesses understand how customers find their products and services,” as per Single Grain.
We hope that you enjoyed this 2021 Digital Marketing Guide. Get in touch with us today to formulate your 2021 digital marketing strategy, and learn more about our services here.